Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:28:41 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD ON TELEVISION PROGRAM

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > I'm talking to the author about it right now, and he's looking at giving
> > me the source to port bzflag to free unix platforms (so I'll be doing the
> > linux and the freebsd ports).. I have to sign an NDA though *snort*
>
> That's the tank game?

*nod*

> One of the few `military-type' games i ever enjoyed to play.  This was
> perhaps the most enjoyable software on our Indys back at my previous
> employer.

I *loved* the game when I played it a couple years back. In fact, while
I'm in Sydney I'll be spending a LOT of time in the Visilab at Sydney
University.. two rooms full of Indys, and a Crimson (and a Cray too from
memory :) .. at least that was the configuration two years ago.

> What about their flight simulator?  I don't care if you omit the
> rockets and stuff, but it wasn't too bad either (although rather lame
> compared to the old M$ flight simulator i used to play back some 5 or
> 7 years ago).  I found it at least more realistic than ACM.

Hmm.. remember its name? is it by the same guy? If I sucessfully port
bzflag to linux/*bsd, then I might look at porting that. A good track
record is a good thing.

Cya,

--
Adrian Chadd			| "Unix doesn't stop you from doing
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		|   stupid things because that would