Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:13:20 +0100
From:      Dean Lombardo <dlombardo@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, nthomas@elender.hu
Subject:   Re: Staroffice 5.1 installation

> So, I put the advised .sversionrc in my home directory, but no success.
> Still, the setup starts.
>
> Actually, my .sversionrc contains only the path to the StarOffice binary
> (i.e. only the directories) and not the path of the binary itself. Does
> that matter? I'll try that tomorrow...
>
> Does ANYONE have a working StarOffice 5.1 on FreeBSD? I very much hope
> it's possible to get it going. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

My guess is that you have installed StarOffice in "standalone mode"
which only works for the user who installed it.   That is to say, if you
install it as root, and then run it as a normal user, the setup utility
starts again for that user.

To fix this, you have to reinstall it in "network mode".  "./setup /net"
used to work before but now it seems to ignore the /net parameter.  It
doesn't matter though, as you can go to /usr/local/staroffice (or
wherever you unpacked it) and change line 4 of the file instdb.ins from
the default
"Mode = STANDALONE" to "Mode = NETWORK".

Then you can install it as root, and each user can run it as themselves,
only specifying the individual license code and key (the ones you get
from their web site).

Hope this solves your problem,

Dean