Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 03:04:17 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3.0 SNAPshot CDROM about ready for production..

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:40:19 -0800 (PST), Brian Handy
<handy@sag.space.lockheed.com> wrote:

>If'n I remember correctly, the SNAP CD's are not so much for the general
>masses as they are for people who want an easy way at the bits -- the CVS-
>tree-on-a-CD, want to play with the new stuff, whatever.  At no point does
>this imply anything about stability, it's just "Here's a snapshot of what
>we're up to!  Have fun!"
>
>This isn't a *RELEASE* CD, folks.

Yes, but -stable is so far behind in features it's -stale.  And now
that Jordan's merging all he can into -stable it may be thoroughly
broken by the time the 2.2.6 CD is cut.  All new bugs with few new
features.

Whether -current is officially a *RELEASE* or not, I'm ready to move
away from -stable and I would love to get a -current SNAP which is a
really good one, before the next tidal wave of architectural changes
hits the -current tree.

--
The day of the proprietary OS is over.  Long live free software.