Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:15:19 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web site not linking to porters-handbook

--BjavXC7V3ilNTWHC

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:26:05PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> I've just tried building the Web site from source, and noticed that
> whilst symbolic links are created for handbook/ and FAQ/, they aren't
> for porters-handbook which is linked to from
> <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/index.html>.

I think the link from ports/index.html should change.  The FAQ and
Handbook are 'legacy', so we keep their old links around to prevent link
rot.  But for anything newer we should use the full path when linking to
them.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--BjavXC7V3ilNTWHC

--BjavXC7V3ilNTWHC--