Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:56:21 +0100
From:      Robert Barten <robert@barok.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   K7D Master L mit Adaptec RAID 2100S

Hello readers,

it's not a FreeBSD question but I hope to get
help/suggestions to solve this problem because you are
working everyday with SMP. This email was sent to MSI after
talking at lot of times with Adaptec and MSI. They sent me a
new BIOS, v1.8b1, no improvement. It seems to me that there
is a big DMA conflict which doesn't allow the RAID BIOS to
boot. I consider to buy ASUS A7M 266D ... what to to with
"the old one"? Does anyone uses the K7D Master?

----- Forwarded message from Robert Barten <robert@barok.de> -----

Dear Sirs,

our problem:
System hangs when trying to start RAID BIOS.

our configuration:
K7D Master L (everything onboard is deactivated!)
AMD-760 MPX Chipset
MB BIOS v1.8b1 (also tested v1.3, v1.5 and v1.6)
2 GB reg. DDR RAM (works)
2 AMD Athlon MP 2200+ (work)
AGP ATI XpertWork 8MB (works)
RAID Controller Adaptec 2100S with up-to-date firmware and BIOS
(Controller works fine on ASUS Boards)
4 SCSI HDD (work)
No OS yet, will be FreeBSD when the system boots finally.
recommended EnerMax Power Supply 3,3V/32A and 5V/32A

I can't even boot a floppy disk without deactivating the RAID Controller.

----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for your efforts in advance,
Robert
--