Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 96 08:08:10 EST
From:      ctassell@isn.net (Charles Tassell)
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing question

  I have a question about routing one Network from a remote HUB into an ISP.
We want to run a Fiber line from the remote HUB to our ISP, and let all the
machines on the HUB (some of which are connected to a Novell 3.1 server, some
not)  access the internet with Winsock PPP software.

  What sort of routing equipment, if any, do we need?  Can we just chuck a
RisCOM router card in our ISP and leave it to that, or is this oing to involve
a full router box.  Also, if we do the same thing on multiple remote sites,
would we be better off putting another box in our office to take all these
remotes in, then spit 'em back out to the inet?

  You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge, I'm not exactly a network guru..
<G>

Charles Tassell  -  ctassell@isn.net
http://www.isn.net/~ctassell/index.html
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the least....