Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 01:15:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: is cardbus supported in 4.4-RCX

interesting.

there is a bios upgrade at hp's site, but they are vague as to why it's
important. given that it's a one way process, i was sorta resistant given
that the box seemed to work ok.

some linux sites suggest doing it too.

i'll upgrade it some time soon and get back to you....

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.33.0109162133230.26396-100000@jupiter.linuxengine.net> John Utz writes:
> : nore that the controller is the TI PCI-1131 PCI-Cardbus Bridge at device
> : 4.0 on pci0 when i boot this box to 4.3-RELEASE
>
> This smells like a PCI BIOS bug in your BIOS :-( We'll need to find
> and kill that bug in the fullness of time, but not for 4.4-RELEASE.
>
> Warner

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life