Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:28:21 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        Paul Robinson <wigstah@akitanet.co.uk>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, David Pick <D.M.Pick@qmw.ac.uk>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Displacement of Blame[tm]

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0007141625450.12329-100000@snafu.adept.org> Mike Hoskins writes:
: On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Paul Robinson wrote:
:
: > What I would propose is this - why don't we have 2 lists - one for
: > freebsd-security where genuine issues with security in the core FreeBSD
: > distro are discussed, and another (freebsd-ports-security for example) where
: > announcments on ports shipped with FreeBSD are announced.
:
: I like it.  Has this already been proposed and dismissed?  If so,
: why?  Sounds good to me.  I can subscribe to both lists, and those who
: don't want ports advisories won't have to see them.

I don't think it woudl work.  Bugtraq would subscribe to both of them
and Brett's clients would still be concerned.

Warner