Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:06:08 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Josh Ockert <torstenvl@gmail.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing OpenOffice 1.1.2 on 4.10

>try
>#chmod +x setup
>and *then*
>#./setup -net
>That's the only thing I can think of -- that setup is a script or
>something and not set to be executable.

yea try what he says...
check that the script is executable using the ls command "ls -alF" (or
just use "ll", an alias of ls for "long list" ) look for your file and
then look to the left to make sure the x (executable) bit is set.

if its not run "chmod +x setup", "chmod 777 setup", etc. to make the
file executable.

and if "./setup -net" still isn't workin try something like "sh ./setup
-net" or "sh %full path name%/setup -net".

Now would be a good time to read the man pages for ls, and chmod, and
man..."man ls", "man chmod", and "man man". BTW why are you trying to do
a network install (setup -net)?