Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 01:23:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Announce <freebsd-announce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Good text-based telcom program? Working MINICOM?

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  [... about a port of Minicom ...]
>
>  * This is undoubtedly some termios thing, but I simply lack the knowledge
>  * to correct it.  If anyone's willing to give it a try, I'd be happy to
>  * send you copies of my current sources (hey, it's even sort-of integrated
>  * as a "port" -- shouldn't be that difficult to add it to the ports
>  * collection once it's done)
>
> Send it to me if no-one offers help -- I'll put it in the ports
> collection with a big red marking saying "IT DOESN'T WORK, NEED
> HELP!!!", that way it will be distributed to all corners of the world
> and hopefully someone (say, Torsten) can make it work. :)

OK, I've placed a tar.gz of my 'minicom' port directory (as it stands) at:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/minicom.tar.gz

I've reached my limit in working on this, so it's up for grabs if anyone
wants something new to hack on.

Good luck, or as the Klingons say, "Qapla'!" (Success!)

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **