Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:40:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microdyne NE2500 Nics

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Chameleon wrote:

> Just got a pair of NE2500 eisa nics that i want to throw in my
> firewall/router, but i can't seem to get them recognized in
> 4.1.1-RELEASE. I tried putting them in as lnc0, but it was a no go.
> Does anyone know what settings to use to make these work? or do i have
> to use them in a window box?

Specify the resources in the config file or boot config screen.

You'll have to figure out where the ioport lives if its not in the default
area.

device	lnc0	at isa? port 0xn000 irq X drq X

Where 'n' is the slot number.

Or you can send me the .CFG file and I can take a whack at writing an EISA
attachement for the cards.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |