Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:20:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3.0 SNAPshot CDROM about ready for production..

> Yes, but -stable is so far behind in features it's -stale.  And now
> that Jordan's merging all he can into -stable it may be thoroughly
> broken by the time the 2.2.6 CD is cut.  All new bugs with few new
> features.

Hmmmm.  That's pretty cynical. :-)

Needless to say, I don't agree.  I'm being very careful not to
introduce new bugs and, in fact, 2.2.6 is probably going to get more
testing than any previous 2.2.x release in history.  You give us too
little credit here, I'm afraid.

> Whether -current is officially a *RELEASE* or not, I'm ready to move
> away from -stable and I would love to get a -current SNAP which is a
> really good one, before the next tidal wave of architectural changes
> hits the -current tree.

If you're really interested in moving away from -current in a
*meaningful* way then you're not interested in my CD anyway.  You'll
want to track -current with CVSup until it reaches some level of
stability that you, personally, are happy with and then stop for
awhile.  As someone already pointed out, the SNAP CDs are for a
different purpose and not really aimed at someone like yourself.
That's what our source tracking tools are for.

					Jordan