Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:00:19 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: man page/link on handbook page error

--==_Exmh_-681187907P

If memory serves me right, Michael Lucas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:49:13PM -0500, Pete Fritchman wrote:
> > ++ 20/11/01 15:45 -0500 - Michael Lucas:
> > | Well, -doc team, this one looks somewhat interesting.
> > |
> > | The entity for devfs(5) points to the releng_4 man pages.  The
> > | reference in the page specifically discusses devfs(5) from -current.
> > |
> > | What's the proper way to handle this?
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=devfs&sektion=5&manpath=FreeBSD+5.
> 0-current
> >
> > You can see the different options availabe by just going to
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi.
>
> True, but that kind of violates the "use entities everywhere" rule we
> have going.
>
> Is there a precedent for how this should be done?  Surely somewhere in
> the docs there's something similar...

We might need to just special-case this...I presume it's a pretty rare
occurance, at least for the normal doc/ tree.

BTW, the manpage references in the 5.0-CURRENT and 4.4-STABLE release
documentation all point to the wrong place (same problem).  In this
case, it should be pretty easy to fix in the stylesheet since they *all*
need to be changed.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-681187907P

--==_Exmh_-681187907P--