Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:30:27 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web site not linking to porters-handbook

--==_Exmh_-1836076330P

If memory serves me right, Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:26:05PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> > I've just tried building the Web site from source, and noticed that
> > whilst symbolic links are created for handbook/ and FAQ/, they aren't
> > for porters-handbook which is linked to from
> > <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/index.html>.
>
> I think the link from ports/index.html should change.  The FAQ and
> Handbook are 'legacy', so we keep their old links around to prevent link
> rot.  But for anything newer we should use the full path when linking to
> them.

Agreed.  Otherwise we'd be continually adding new symlinks to clutter up
the top level of the Web site.

Is there any preference on how new documents should refer to the FAQ and
Handbook?  (RELNOTESng uses full paths everywhere, or at least that was
my intent.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1836076330P

--==_Exmh_-1836076330P--