Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:50:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
To:        secrer@le-bar.org, tom@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, tom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/39038: Reference in a non existent man page.

Synopsis: Reference in a non existent man page.

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: tom
State-Changed-When: Tue Aug 27 06:45:50 PDT 2002
State-Changed-Why:
The only references to lkm(4) from these manual pages state that they
replace the old functionality of lkm(4).  They do not suggest that
lkm(4) is still part of FreeBSD.

I see little value in removing the (4) from references to the old lkm(4)
- there is no suggestion that this manual page still exists.

On the other hand, if we keep the (4), it allows provides a reference to
the old functionality for people with old systems, a CVS repository,
etc.

Please let me know what you think of these suggestions and how you think
we would gain from removing the (4).

Thanks,
Tom

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->tom
Responsible-Changed-By: tom
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Aug 27 06:45:50 PDT 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why: