Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 18:05:15 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@jake.lodgenet.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lkm device drivers and dev_attach()

Is there a problem with calling dev_attach() from within an lkm?

I have a stub driver which will compile either from the
config/make scheme or from an lkm.  When I use the lkm method,
an lsdev reports my device as the only one.  Is this because my probe/attach
isn't being called from config_isadev(), and so the list of devices is
getting replaced by my single list.  How can I correct this? should I
#ifdef LKM around the dev_attach()?

eric.
--
erich@lodgenet.com