Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        sheldonh@uunet.co.za, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with source_rc_confs

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> I know, but I had to modify them to get it running.

	If that's true, you already had some sort of custom modifications
which interfered with the way the system is supposed to work. That's not
"bad," it just makes debugging more complicated.

> I tried it with completely unmodified files just bevore my first mail to
> be sure it still didn't work.

	If the files had been _completely_ unmodified, it would have
worked, assuming that your 5.0-Current is sufficiently up to date.

> I have the output of /etc/rc with "set -x" added to it, do you want it
> (together with rc.conf{,.local}) in a private mail (limited to 22k, my
> console hadn't more in the scrollback buffer)?

	Actually, if you could send me this:

tar zcvf Alexander-rc.tgz /etc/rc* /etc/defaults/rc.conf

I may be able to get to the bottom of it. I wrote that function, and most
of the supporting stuff.

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire