Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:35:00 +0100
From:      Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@stokely.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Need an environment for dynamic web content for freebsd.org

Murray Stokely skrev:
> Our static XML/SGML based infrastructure is really showing its age for
> some types of web content.  One example is the way we keep track of
> proposed ideas for student projects or other nascent development
> projects.  It would be great to have a dynamic web app which displays
> all the different ideas in different categories, with searching
> functionality, and most importantly, with some kind of voting
> functionality so that others could vote and comment on proposals.

I have no problem using the existing infrastructure, but moving it to the
wiki has been a goal of mine for a long time, as it would allow more
people to easily contribute stuff without doing the boring
cvs-commit-and-wait-for-the-website-to-rebuild-dance.

Alexander, what do you think?  Should we move it to the wiki instead?

--
Joel