Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:26:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shane Adams <adamsch1@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Advice on runtime directories ala .snapshot

Hi,=0A=0AI've been thinking about how I could add a "virtual" directory ent=
ry similar to netapp, namely a .snapshot.  Obviously I'd want to do this at=
 runtime, but I'm having trouble attacking this problem.=0A=0AI've been loo=
king at the ufs_lookup routines, seems thats the only place to tackle such =
a feature?  Or possibly inject a .snapshot entry as the last entry read in =
a call to ufs_readdir ?=0A=0AI believe doing a ls -la on a netapp will not =
return the .snapshot directory, only explicitly nameing the directory will =
achieve the effects you want.  This would be somewhere beneith namei ultima=
tly in ufs_lookup?=0A=0ASorry I'm a bit rambling!=0A=0ACheers,=0A  Shane=0A=
=0A=0A