Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:53:23 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bsdinstall, zfs booting, gpt partition order suitable for volume expansion

I was wondering if either the default gpt partition order could become
p1=boot, p2=swap, p3=zpool, or if the installer could be enhanced at
some point to allow the user to select the order.  It seems like it would
be easier to expand the size of the raw device (VM, iscsi, etc) and expand
the zpool if it is the last partition.  I am not in a hurry to get this
solved, but if a change to the default order is worthwhile, it seems like
before 10.0 would be a good time to set precedent.  I'm trying to think ahead
where people will be installing 10 to VMs or expandable volumes so they can
take advantage of expansion with less hassle.  I pinged Allen Jude on this
briefly, I think he said it used to be that way but it was changed to
accomodate MBR partitioning (I think, apologies for not remembering details).