Date:      09 Dec 2002 11:27:09 +1300
From:      James Pole <james.pole@paradise.net.nz>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Power off problem

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 10:06, Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 16:02, Christian Chen wrote:
> > So not only do you have to make sure you've added device apm0, you also
> > have to delete/comment the "disable" part:
>
> No, you don't:
>
> 2@pyanfar:5001 Z$ cat /boot/kernel.conf
> di fd1
> en apm0		<---

Not all of us likes to configure the kernel at run-time -- it's much
easier to just have it _work_ without having to tweak the kernel's
run-time configuration.

Anyhow, soft-power-off works perfectly on my AMD computer running
4.7-STABLE from a few weeks ago. It also worked fine under 4.7-RELEASE.

- James