Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:57:40 +0000
From:      Jan Østerskov <jan@osterskov.dk>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Scott Benjamin <sab@sinai.dhs.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDA driver issues upon installation. Probing devices hangs

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, Mike Smith wrote:
> None of the interested developers have access to one of these machines
> anymore; it's quite possible that things have been changed or broken
> to some degree of late.
>
> > I am trying to install the stable snapshot from 10301999 on a compaq
> > proliant 4500 with a smart array controller.  I recompile the installation
>
> --
> \\ Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. \\  Mike Smith
> \\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> \\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  msmith@cdrom.com

I also have a problem with the probing of devices.
When ida0 is in the kernel it can't probe any IDE devices (read CD's)
A month ago - Current was able to do so
I have adressed this problem befor but the only answer i got was
to disable the wdc controller. I did, but it is hardly the solution
in the long run ??

Can anyone help ??