Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:10:19 +0200
From:      Inge Thorin Eidsæther <ies@runbox.no>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Re: Freecom Traveller II CD-RW supported in 4.6?

Hi

Appreciate your hints, thank you very much.
I didn't know the drive was ATAPI, that is not
mentioned on the product web page.

However, are you aware of any similar drives from Freecom
or other manufacturer that _are_ SCSI? It would be nice to use
cdrecord because it is more full-featured, and several front-ends
exist for it...

If the atapi-cam patch(es?) work nicely around this, then I
shall not complain. I don't know (yet) how to do the patching, or
what CAM is, but I'll get there, eventually...

best regards,

Inge Thorin Eidsaether
webdude at phreaker dot net

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:41:42 +0100 (BST)
Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>
> I have the Traveller II DVD/CD-RW drive, and various cables.
>
> The PCMCIA cable works fine, used with 'burncd' for writing.
>
> The PCMCIA card makes the drive appear as ATAPI, so you would need the
> atapi-cam patches if you really need to use cdrecord - using burncd is
> more obvious here.
>
> The USB and Firewire drivers attach through CAM by default, so you can
> immediately use cdrecord with them.
</snip>