Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:02:47 -0700
From:      Almost Anonymous <tech@narf.castroms.moreland.k12.ca.us>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   How Secure Out Of The Box?

I am sure this has been asked 15 million times over, but here it is again:

How secure is FreeBSD out of the box? Assuming I didn't have an account on the system, and the passwords are
protected and well made (IE: efgREG739FJFhkh could be root), how easy/hard is it to crack? We have had some
attempts (and 1 successfull on a linux box at the District Office) on a FreeBSD machine from a group called
r00t, and I wanted to make sure that my precious little box is secure. Thanks for your time!

--matt Clark