Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:36:43 +0100
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on one floppy... sure.

Søren Schmidt writes:

> > installation floppy.  Well, after a dozen of times I may say I got used to
> > it, and then started thinking about preparing a one-floppy fully
> > functional (well, almost :-)  system.

	This is the week :-)  I made a router+natd+ssh box like that
	last night :-P

> Funny, I've just done something semilar, a complete NFS server on
> a floppy, including mirroring, quota, NIS etc.

	Now, I hope you're serving more than the floppy via NFS 8-)

> Its on a MFS filesys though, buts that more for practical reasons,
> reset the sucker and everything works again, and it can be on a
> writeprotected floppy (can you say sysadm proof : )).

	My approach for the router mentioned above.  Maybe we should
	put together some docs., or at least I can try and put some
	together from your respective method/experience -- and make it
	available.  Some kind of "FreeBSD-Embedded-application-floppy" resource
	kit :-)

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
  "Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead IN and