Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:30:39 +0200
From:      Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@t-online.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error with PAM-Authentification/X-Terminal

Hello list!

I have two Hosts. Host notebook and host aixa. aixa is running FreeBSD
6.2 and XDM. notebook is running Cygwin/X (Windows XP). notebook is
acting as a X-Terminal and he is displaying the login-screen of aixa.

When I try to login on aixa via XDMP-Protocol I can read on aixa (XDM)
in a xconsole following:

Apr 12 21:45:05 aixa xdm: pam_sm_close_session(): no utmp record for
notebook:0

On notebook I see the login-screen, I type my login and password, the
login-screen disappears and appears again. It seems that the login failed!

It seems for me a problem with the pam-module but I have no idea...
Maybe somebody out there?

With regards
Stevan Tiefert