Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:41:27 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMTP gateway clients

Steve wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Jason Fesler wrote:
>
> > At 10:53 AM 4/24/97 -0400, Steve wrote:
> > >

> > >Anyone know how to support smtp gateways without a static IP on the
> > >client's end?

> > As to *really* doing  SMTP to a dynamic IP, er.. ya, right.

We've been doing that successfully for the last 2 years.

> I thought so - but I had to take a shot in case I was living in the dark
> or something.  A competitor who had the world convinced he was the
> largest, supported dialup SMTP.  of course this was because in reality he
> had 32 lines and didnt have the class C boundary crossing problems
> associated with having hundreds of lines.

I don't see what this has to do with it. What problems are associated
with crossing Class C boundaries ?

regards
damian

--
* PIAB - PoP In A Box - the total solution for ISPs, with more features
* than a Constable landscape, and very cheap too!!