Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:46:54 +0100
From:      Jeroen Heijungs <Jeroen.Heijungs@Het-Muziektheater.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hardware Dell or BSDi

Hello all,

We are going to buy our first 1U 19" rack server (pizzacarton size), and
probably there will be more in the future, they have to run FreeBSD
4.1-stable.

Normally we buy all our hardware at Dell, they also have this kind of
servers, for instance the PowerApp Web 100, we have also seen this kind of
servers form BSDi.com, they have FreeBSD preinstalled, and say they are
completely optimized. But they are considerably more expensive.

Can anyone tell me more about both these servers, how good is the BSDi
machine (and the organization), does FreeBSD install on the Dell and so on?

tia
Jeroen Heijungs
Het Muziektheater
Amsterdam, The Netherlands