Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:40:51 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus@eternamente.info>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg and intel driver

on 18/06/2009 20:34 Nenhum_de_Nos said the following:
> hail,
>
> I know this was here before,
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-March/004775.html,
> but there was no happy ending there ...
>
> is there any news ?
>
> I have a STABLE from yesterday and the xorg is too much slow.
>
> xorg is from 7.2R cdrom, intel video driver is from today. card is
>
> vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:	class=0x030000 card=0x50448086 chip=0x29c28086
> rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     device     = 'P35/G33 (Bearlake) Integrated Graphics Controller'
>     class      = display
>     subclass   = VGA
>
> if more info is needed,

I think there was a solution, but probably posted in a different thread.
I made add some confusion here, but it seems that there were several different
possible causes for the symptoms that you see.

For me it was intel driver starting to use MSI (MFC from head).
The solution was either to disable MSI via hint or to use the following patch from
Robert Noland:
http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-intel-050709.patch

--
Andriy Gapon