Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:37:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Ken McVay <kmcvay@nizkor.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: search engine

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Ken McVay wrote:
> I am desperate to find a search engine that runs under FreeBSD, and noted your
> search.html.... can you tell me what you're using, and whether or not I can get

Not sure about the FreeBSD web site but we use both Harvest

http://harvest.transarc.com

and htDig

http://htdig.sdsu.edu

Harvest handles the big stuff (indexes several thousand sites) and
HtDig is used for indexing individual customer sites.

See http://www.buildingonline.com/blsearch.shtml for an example
Harvest site.  http://www.valutech.com/ for an htDig site.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com