Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:57:34 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vm questions

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >   There are no plans for a lite-3 that I know of right now. Kirk is doing
> >consulting work for BSDI and is working on some FFS related performance
> >issues.
>
> I asked him directly, and his answer was a very convincing no.

Is the traditional BSD release engineering going to be carried on?
Remember, 4.4 was a new feature release that is assumed to need fixing.

Lite-2 was a "let's do what we can with the remaining budget" and it
doesn't come close to a 4.5.

2.2 looks like it'll be more of a new feature release, so I guess we could
get back to the fix release in the 2.3 time frame.

Arggh! Never mind.

Mike Hancock