Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:55:23 -0600
From:      Dave Duchscher <daved@tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel D815EEA Motherboard network and hardware monitoring

I am in the process of putting together a couple of servers and have
some questions about the Intel D815EEA motherboard.

I understand that the built-in NIC is now supported. Does anyone know
how it rates in comparison to the Intel Pro/100 cards?  Looking for
differences in system load and network performance.

Secondly, I would like to have environmental monitoring capabilities.
From what I can glean from Intel, this board has an option called
Hardware Management ASIC that provide this functionality.  Is this
what I think it is and if so, is it supported in FreeBSD?

Lastly, and a little off-topic, the Intel site shows that the Retail
Boxed version of this board includes the Hardware Management ASIC.
Can anyone confirm this?  The OEM version lists it as an option.

Thanks in advance,
DaveD