Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 09:49:35 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        karl@mcs.com (Karl Denninger, MCSNet)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, hsu@cs.hut.fi, jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

Karl Denninger, MCSNet stands accused of saying:
> I happen to personally HATE the installer that FreeBSD uses, as adding disks
> to an existing system is a real bitch of a job the way they do things.  The
> nice (and it IS nice) installer that you get when you boot disk #1 is not
> available once you have it up, and that's really too bad -- if FreeBSD had a
> nice, clean disk partitioning and labelling tool I'd be in hog heaven right
> now.

Um, Jordan, I have this odd recollection of you announcing a version of
the installer floppy that let you do the individual thangs all by themselves,
rather than committing to mounting/extracting/etc;  do I have bats inside,
or what?

> Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[