Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:46:13 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bandwidth analyser

At 07:07 2-2-01 -0800, you wrote:
>Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> >
> > > There's one downside though. You can get statistics from the bridge
> node on
> > > packets and octects passed through the different parts of the bridge
> > > setyup, but it's not IP based. Also using that bridging code there's no
> > > bandwidth throttling or IPFW rule matching yet.
> > >
> > > Vitaly Belekhov wrote BW throttling and ipfw netgraph nodes for 3.X,
> and I
> > > will be porting those to 5.X-CURRENT over the next few weeks.
>

>The new ethernet node netgrpah interface (with 'upper' and 'lower')
>may influence this.
>also the ipfw he used is very old now.

True, there's no immediate need to use his eiface node, but I see a use for
a new ethernet interface.
Especially when I'm done with my 802.1Q vlan trunking node (I'm calling it
vlanmux. Anyone have a better name?)

I still have to look at his ipfw code. I just might take his idea and
implement it again using newer IPFW code.

I've just been making 12 hour days at work, and my win98 box (I only have
one good monitor and I like to play games) keeps locking up for a second
every few seconds, so it's hard for me to read mail even.

I expect to be back on netgraph coding somewhere the coming week you'll
hear more from me on this.

         DocWilco