Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:33:00 -0700
From:      Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
To:        peterg@ptree32.com.au, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How are things looking?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 09:35:15AM +1000, peterg@ptree32.com.au wrote:

>  This is temporary - the source changes to fix the
> char range warnings will be trickling in soon.

Cool, what about the kernel?

psim/ata_iobus.c and powermac/ata_macio.c need sys/taskqueue.h to be
included somewhere.

Once I got that far, the kernel failed to link because
pmap_extract_and_hold was nowhere to be found.

I just checked the cvs-all list, and it looks like nothing ppc related has
been committed since I last cvsup'd (last night/this morning).

This is with a generic kernel, which by the way leaves these x86 objects:

zoodongle:/usr/obj/powerpc/usr/src/sys/GENERIC#file *.o|grep -v MSB
aicasm.o:            ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
aicasm_gram.o:       ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
aicasm_macro_gram.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
aicasm_macro_scan.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
aicasm_scan.o:       ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
aicasm_symbol.o:     ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

The command I ran was:

TARGET_ARCH=powerpc make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC

- alex