Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:16:03 +0200
From:      Thomas Keusch <thomas@visionaire.ping.de>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: startup issues after mergemaster

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 07:49:20PM +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:

> > | 	What clued you in to it stopping at exactly that point?
> >
> > On line four I have 'portmap_enable="NO"'. This as all the
> > following lines are ignored.
>
> This sounds very much like an unterminated string -- the ticks /
> quotes are opened but never closed.  This way the assignment
> continues till the EOF.  And the RHS is somewhat defective.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago.

It had something to do with the firewall_* settings in /etc/rc.conf .

The issue may have been caused by an weird combination of firewall_script
pointing to a custom rc.firewall file and firewall_type being undefined or
something similiar.  I'm sorry I can't be more precise, as I don't have a
copy of my old stuff left and have not had the time to figure out the exact
reason back then either.

So I suggest commenting out firewall_* and reboot, see if it works, and go
from there.  Check if you are using firewall_* as it is supposed, I found it
to be a bit confusing sometimes.

Oh, and don't lock yourself out! :-)

--

 thomas.                                .powered.by.debian/linux.
                                           .served.by.FreeBSD.