Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 08:32:34 -0400
From:      Cat Okita <cat@uunet.ca>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, coredump@nervosa.com, winter@jurai.net, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: editors

On Wed, 22 May 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Et tu, Terry?  This is getting a little frustrating.  I am NOT suggesting
> replacing your favorite editor (ex, Terry, really?).  I am talking about
> replacing the newbie editor, ee, with one that is universally useable by
> anyone without training, pico.  This isn't for me, or most likely for
> ANYONE currently subscribed to this list.  It's strictly for new users,
> and those just learning unix.

Am I correct in assuming that you're talking about a new user who is learning
how to setup and administrate unix? If so, then what is the aim of the
freebsd project - are we trying to make the OS as 'user friendly' as the
Windows world? ...or is there an ongoing intention to get people past the
simplistic nature of the microsoft 'os's?

If it's new users on a system, what difference does it make :> That's just
site choice :>

c.