Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:02:18 +0200
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdinand.goldmann@jku.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   local_unbound & chroot

Hello,

I=92ve made the experience that enabling local_unbound does not play too =
well
if I am using a chroot=92ed unbound environment like chroot: =
=93/var/unbound=94 in=20
the configuration file.

In particular, there is no way to automatically mount a devfs and create =
a link
to the syslog socket. Also, the local_unbound service script expects a =
PID file
in /var/run/local_unbound.pid. So you have to create a symlink to=20
/var/unbound/unbound.pid as well.

For the time being, I=92ve added a few lines to the local_unbound script =
which do just
that. But maybe it would be a good idea to offer this possibility via an =
extra
rc.conf variable, like local_unbound_chroot?

Also, I=92ve noticed that it is not possible to raise the number of =
threads above 1,
as this seems to use more file descriptors than the builtin mini-event =
library can
handle.

Kind regards,
Ferdinand=