Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/13016: Wrong sendmail.cf file used by mergemaster

The following reply was made to PR conf/13016; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To: hetzels@westbend.net
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 01:04:20 -0700

 "Scot W. Hetzel" wrote:

 > When using MergeMaster to update your /etc directory, it does a comparison
 > between the /var/tmp/temproot/etc/sendmail.cf(freebsd.cf) file and the
 > current /etc/sendmail.cf file.

 	As I stated in my response to PR 12664 this is exactly what mergemaster is
 designed to do, therefore, your synopsis is incorrect. Please refer to that
 PR for several suggestions on ways to deal with this situation.

 Good luck,

 Doug