Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:20:18 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APOLOGIES GIVEN TO ALL

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 02:52:05PM -0700, xavian anderson macpherson wrote:
> how do you consider me to have been yelling?  I APOPLOGIZED.  i am fully
> aware of the kld for vinum.  but you still have to define it.  i just
> want to know if this can be or is done during installation?

It's quite apparent you haven't been online for any extended period of time. Phrases done in capitals are considered yelling
which most people will interpret as an antagonistic approach and will treat you accordingly.

The biggest part to using FreeBSD effectively is research. This isn't Microsoft Windows or Linux, here you have to work for
results, not run some configuration wizard. There are mailing list archives online at www.freebsd.org which you can search for
others who have run across your problem (and more then likely, answered) or you can take the time to read manpages. There are
also quite a few FreeBSD support websites such as www.freebsdzine.org which has plenty of tutorials and I know for a fact it
has one on vinum.

If this sounds like too much work for you, perhaps you should go back to using Linux or some other operating system which
caters to the lazy.

Try helping yourself first before asking others for help, anything and everything you want to do in FreeBSD is documented
somewhere, all you have to do is look. If necessary, go buy Greg's excellent The Complete FreeBSD which for the most part does
all the hand-holding you'll need, and it's effective I know, I've given the book to my clients who lived in a double-click
world and can now use FreeBSD well enough to get their jobs done which is a major accomplishment considering these are the
kind of people who couldn't figure out drag and drop.

I tend to get a little irked when I see people who expect everything to be done for them who haven't even BOTHERED to research
the problem (and you're certainly not the first one to do this) themselves before demanding support from other people who
devote thousands of man-hours towards producing the excellent product that FreeBSD is, if you want end-user support, I'm sure
Microsoft is more then willing to oblidge you. The information is all there, go do some digging.

Anyways, just my two cents worth.

Private replies >/dev/null 2>&1