Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:14:56 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Hangs...possible to reset?

>	...the question is, is there no way of issuing a RESET so that
>the deadlock causing the hang is cleared?

Some device drivers are better then others.  The aic7xxx driver, for
instance, will reset the bus if a timeout occurs and an abort message
is unsucessful in clearing the problem.  The abort logic is in the
process of being moved to the generic SCSI layer so other drivers
can take advantage of it, but I can only update the drivers for
controllers I have documentation for, so this make take a little
time.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations