Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 11:37:06 +0900
From:      "Young T. Cha" <cha@sait.samsung.co.kr>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a FreeBSD box

Would you tell me in detail what is the difference between a FreeBSD box
with GATED and routers?
Any help, list of RFC document numbers, reference or person, would be
greatly
appreciated.

Young T. Cha

10.2. Can a FreeBSD box be used as a dedicated network router?

xxxxxxxxx  --- xxxxx
for more complex situations you may want to try GaTeD (available by FTP
from
ftp.gated.Merit.EDU) which supports FreeBSD as of 3_5Alpha7.

It is our duty to warn you that, even when FreeBSD is configured in this
way, it does not completely comply with the Internet standard
requirements for routers; however, it comes close enough for ordinary
usage.