Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:41:13 +0000
From:      Hug Me <hugme@hugme.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: filesystem change after installation

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

you could go and change it but why not just use a symbolic link to=20
another partition?

 $ ln -s /var/mail /usr/mail

just make sure you either put it in a partition you don't care if
it gets filled up or you use disk quota's

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:05:46PM -0700, Mat=EEss Elsbergs wrote:
> Hi there,
>=20
> Now I have the following problem.=20
>=20
> I recently installed FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE on a production server, but, as =
I was in a hurry, I used defaults for disk dividing to various mount points=
. So, the /var is 20 MBytes, which, as far as I'm concerned, is not too man=
y for a mail server :-)
>=20
> Is there any way to change it? Again, I am asking this question after sit=
ting at manual and man pages but I guess I simply don't know, where to look=
.=20
>=20
> I want to know, is there a way to add a new slice ( something like /dev/d=
a0s1a ) on the existing drive without reformatting it.
>=20
> Wbrgds,=20
> Matiss Elsbergs
> Astranet IS