Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 00:51:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to avoid passive mode ftp?

It seems that J Wunsch said:
> > But I think it is off by default:
>
> Hmm, i watched it picking some port # 40001 or so, and starting a
> server process on my machine.  That's why i thought it would do
> passive mode.

That's probably  due  to the following patch   when we decided   to use the
40000-45000 (now sysctl-controlled) range for FTP ports.

pst         95/12/10 11:55:17

  Modified:    usr.bin/ncftp  Makefile cmds.c cmds.h cmdtab.c defaults.h
                        ftp.c main.c set.c
  Log:
  Add support for high-range FTP data ports

There was  mention in the  CVS  log of passive mode  being  the default but
-CURRENT's ncftp seems not to be configured like this.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #11: Tue Apr  9 20:14:48 MET DST 1996