Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:21:56 -0200
From:      "Aldrin Leal" <aldrin@americasnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Math Help for IPFW :)

Hello :)

    I built a FreeBSD 3.3 box for a local ISP, and they asked me for some
sorta of mrtg-like stats for some computers on the network. For this, i make
a ruleset for each machine which i want to be measured (add pass all from x
to any) and made a mrtg module which takes the count and resets it.

    How could i relate this count, the second one, for packets? For sure it
means the number of packets processed. But how long is a packet? That's all
i need to put the right number of kBPS/s they're doing. :)

    Thanks in advance, Aldrin L mailto:aldrin@americasnet.com.