Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:03:17 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        uwi mAn <uwiman3k@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xvidtune

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, uwi mAn wrote:

> Hi, How could I permanently apply xvidtune' tuning on XFree86 4.2.0?
>
> Say, I have this
> "1024x768"     94.50   1024 1088 1184 1376    768  769  772  808 +hsync
> +vsync
>
> this makes windows right in the center of my screen.
>
> What shall I do?

I suggest you read the man page, take a closer look at the configuration
file and so on. It's all there! To be more precise, look at MONITOR
SECTION in man XF86Config:
Mode "name"
  This  is  an  optional multi-line entry that can be
  used to provide definitions for video modes for the
  monitor... <snip>

Good luck!

Best regards,
Paul