Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 17:30:31 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange entries in /usr/src/Makefile

> Will the world be obliterated in a violent volcanic eruption if I
> delete these lines?

These were done on behalf of Julian Stacey, who wanted some sort of
tighter integration in his "really build the world" makes.  Myself,
I think it's cruft and it should go.  If you want to build the world,
a small shell script does fine:

% cat > beat_my_system
#!/bin/sh
date
cd /usr/src
echo "** Making the world in less than 7 days"
make world
echo "** Done with the world, resting.."
sleep 1
echo "Ok, that's enough.  Moving on to ports."
cd /usr/ports
make -k clean all install
echo "My god!  We're still here!"
exit 0
^D
% chmod +x beat_my_system
% ./beat_my_system >& /var/log/beating.log &

					Jordan