Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-docs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/38483: >http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html? says mergemaster's -p is since 4.6-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR i386/38483; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To: bmah@FreeBSD.org
Cc: pepper@rockefeller.edu, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 01:07:08 +0300

 On 2002-06-04 20:08 -0700, bmah@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
 > Synopsis: >http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html? says mergemaster's -p is since 4.6-RELEASE
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: closed->open
 > State-Changed-By: bmah
 > State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 4 20:06:22 PDT 2002
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Argh.  Closed by mistake, sorry about that.
 >
 > I'm not 100% sure that anything needs to be done for this PR, since
 > generally the handbook and manpages only "count" releases for the
 > purposes of changes.  I started closing the PR with a message to that
 > effect, but changed my mind.

 This PR can be closed.  The -p option of mergemaster appeared in
 revision 1.27 of src/usr.sbin/mergemaster/mergemaster.sh which
 appeared in the repository in Feb 2002.  This is after 4.5-RELEASE.
 The Handbook is correct.  The "first release that mergemaster will
 support the -p option, is going to be 4.6-RELEASE, when that it out."

 Giorgos.