Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:04:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@b1.hkstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to update the system from the master machine

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two system.  One is P233 (master) and the other is a dual P90.
> How can I update the dual P90 system from the P233 (master) system.
> Is there anyone can share your experience with me.  Thanks.
>
> clarence

I have used dump and restore to "clone" a running system, but you
want to be careful about what you don't want to be identical on
the two systems, or, in my case, the two drives.

I use rsync to keep it up to date, so the second disk is a
backup for the first.  This can be used from one host to another.
Again, you might not want everything the same.  But rsync is
quite fast since it only transfers differences.

Annelise