Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:36:14 -0400
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        "'leegold'" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: new books, changing my pt. of view

On 08/01/00 leegold wrote;

SCO has the rep. of being the best documented - is this true?

I last admin'ed an Openserver 5.? box and the docs were very
thorough.  The company I worked for paid HUNDREDS of dollars
for the docs and a couple thousand for the OS plus several
hundred more for a 5 problem per year service contract.
Compared to FreeBSD on the same hardware SCO seemed much slower.
FreeBSD also seemed more stable and reliable and was easier to
install and configure.

If you have more money than time SCO may be the way to go.  IMHO,
FreeBSD is better general purpose OS.

Toby